Kuranda real estate, rainforest real estate, rainforest properties, Cairns real estate
Shop 3, 12 Rob Veivers Drive Kuranda
07 4093 9050
07 4093 9040Contact us
Careful planning and knowing how to professionally spruce up your home will send home buyers scurrying to their bank manager. Here is how to prepare your house and turn it into an irresistible and marketable home.
1. Consider re-painting your property using a neutral colour scheme to appeal to a wider audience. Look for a good exterior paint which is natural and earthy, this should work well on most styles of Australian property. If re-painting is not an option get a quote for the work so buyers know the cost.
2. Living in Kuranda mostly means lush rainforest gardens. An overgrown yard suggests that your whole property is badly maintained and could make a bad first impression. Try to cut back bushes, tidy your lawn, plant some hardy plants and re-mulch for a fresh clean look. Buyers are busy, most want a yard that is maintenance free. The same goes with an ‘under grown’ yard, your buyer may think there’s a lack of attention to the property if your garden is too sparse and dry.
3. De-clutter your home. Pack up those personal photographs and family heirlooms. Buyers can’t see past personal stuff, and you don’t want them to be distracted. You want buyers to imagine their own photos on the walls, and they can’t do that if yours are there!
4. If you can, fit new carpets, take down curtains and replace with simple blinds, re-paint walls in modern neutrals and swap out any gold for silver. They’re small changes that can make a huge difference to how your house is perceived and can give a great return on investment.
Do those minor repairs you have been meaning to do!
5. Consider updating your bathroom and kitchen. Buyers want new and shiny. They know that kitchens and bathrooms are expensive to upgrade. Make effective lower cost upgrades that deliver a return on your investment before you list. For example new counter top, swapping out taps and laying cost effective flooring.
6. Speaking of shiny, make the House Sparkle! Your house needs to be cleaner than it’s ever been when selling. Everything needs to be cleaned. Clean and fresh is the best smell when selling. Avoid candles and plug ins as not everyone can tolerate the smell.
We hope these tips help you sell your house for sale in Kuranda at the best price possible.
Extracts taken from homebuying.about.com